Slieverue National School
A Brief History
Slieverue National School, consisting of 3 classrooms, was opened in 1966.
It replaced the original school on the Airmount Road which had been in operation since 1884.
A general purpose room and three classrooms were built in the 1970's and early 1980's.
A small double pre-fabricated building was added in 2002 and this was followed in 2009 by the addition of two modern classrooms, a staff room and a special education room.
Board of Management:
Fr. Kieran O'Shea